Fernie Aquatic Centre
In operation since the fall of 1997, the Fernie Aquatic Centre has proven itself to be a hit with residents and visitors alike. Located in the heart of Fernie, just a couple blocks from Historic Downtown.
Featuring a 6 lane - 25 metre sized competition pool complete with a one metre diving board and tarzan swing. A 15 metre leisure pool ranging from 0 depth to 1 metre with spray fountains. A 25 person hot tub kept at a balmy 104 degrees along with the most amazing view of the Lizard Range and Fernie Alpine Resort. There is also a 15 person steam room. And lastly a 150 foot waterslide with its own run off lane.
Outdoor Water Spray Park opening early summer 2013!
Fernie Leisure Services is home to a variety of services delivered for residents and visitors alike in the City of Fernie.
Under its umbrella sit Fernie's primary recreation facilities including the Fernie Aquatic Centre, Memorial Arena and Community Centre. In addition to facilities, Leisure Services also takes care of the city's municipal grounds, parks, trails, ball fields and playgrounds which everyone enjoys.
We believe, recreation builds strong families and healthy communities.
• Families that play together, stay together
• Recreation provides safe developmental opportunities for children
• Recreation, sports and arts/culture produce leaders who serve their communities in many ways
• Recreation, sports and arts/culture build social skills and stimulate participation in community life
• Recreation is often the catalyst that builds strong, self-sufficient communities (i.e. sport groups, arts guilds)
• Art/culture helps people understand their neighbours, their history and their environment
• Recreation and arts/culture build pride in a community